Friday, August 13, 2010

Dr. Laura's N-Word Rant: Radio Host Apologizes For Offensive Language (AUDIO)


I think that the argument dr. Laura was rightfully apologizing for, is an old and mute point, black people say the word, why can't I? Well, I'll speak for myself of course, but anyone can say whatever the fuck they want. However, people are allowed to interpret your speach in whatever way they like.



An example, a black male may interpret a white male(about his age or older) saying nigger as an indication of his intolerance. While that same black male may see a white male teen quoting a rap song and think differently of it.



Regardless, I wish I would take advice about what words I can use because someone else doesn't think it's fair I can use it and they can't. Y'all can say whatever you like. I can't not get stopped by the police for walking while black. I guess that for me it comes down to using the word is a benefit blacks received for 400 plus years of oppression. Yeah it ain't equal, maybe when the unemployment rate is decreased from being triple that of the main unemployment rate, maybe when blacks don't make up most of prison inmates wrongfully, maybe when capitalisms supposed effects start to trickle down to race we can start talking about who can use what word. Until then i scoff at the entire conversation.



What do you call a black doctor driving a Benz with his wife and family? As Mel Gibson.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: